Thursday, February 2, 2012

i want out

I want out of Cedar City so bad. Really bad. I can't really pinpoint if I just don't like the education I'm getting or the city itself, or maybe neither and I'm just really homesick, but I'm tired of it here. I think the main reason is the last one. Living 640 miles from home is great...until you want to go home. Especially when you want to go home but are broke and have no car. I miss home, a lot.

I miss my family and my best friends, both the one in Colorado and the one all the way in South Carolina. I really wish I could just be there to help them through some of the tough times they're facing currently as me being so far away is really only making things worse. I would love to just be able to see them and my family on a regular basis, even if only just once a month. That's better than the once every four months at a minimum I'm getting now. But for some reason, I can't bring myself to transfer to a school in Colorado.

It's not just the hassle, although that may have something to do with it. I really feel like there's a reason I ended up here in Southern Utah for my schooling. I've made some really great friends since I've been down here, and without these people, I don't think I would still be here. So thank you, my friends, for being there for me, cheering me on and cheering me up when I need it: you will always be remembered and have a fond place in my heart.

The other day I was walking to school and the sunrise was beautiful, so I took a picture.

If I had been anywhere else, I never would have been awake or taken the time to appreciate the beautiful things that God allows us to see each and every day. For that, I am thankful for this place.

Cedar City has brought me back to my religion, closer to God than I ever have been before. It has taught me patience, perseverance, and dedication to the things that I believe in. I have overcome disappointment, failure, and most of all lost friendships.

It's been a long journey and I still have a ways to go, but from now on I will focus on the positives more than the negatives and make the my last year and a half in this state my best...I hope. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment